Banner

Banner

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Travelin' games

I've played a few 35 pt games in preparation for a 35 point steamroller in Saginaw this weekend. I played 3 against tmage in chitown. Tmage is rusty but he's still a legit opponent.

Game1 was Nemo1 v Ossyan

Nemo
Thorn
Stormwall
Wishanalalala
Journeyman
Aiyana and holt
Stormcaller
Arlan Strangewayes
Gorman di wulfe



V ossyan in Overun
Ossyan
Discordia
Wishnalalalalala
All the halbardiers
All the Mage hunters
Mage assassin
Eiryss angel



I punched tmage in the nuts on the bottom of 1 with a massive lightning storm. I killed 5 Mage hunters and 7 halbardiers with lightning. Tmage was not happy.

He managed to kill most of the stormwall and I realized that I had no other real punchy options. I managed to kill most of the remaining Mage hunters, eiryss, the assassin, and a couple halbardiers, but the game broke down to:

Ossyan, wishnalalalala, and a cortex less disco
V
Nemo, arlan, Aiyana and holt, spearless thorn, and jr.

And tmage won that particular slap fight. Nemo isn't good at stabbing fools, even with 10 focus.


A couple weeks later we played two more games.

Haley1
Stormwall
Squire
Journeyman
Min trenchers with UA and grenade porter
Black 13th

Tmage dropped Absylonia
Ravagore
Angelius
Scythean
Naga
Shredder
Two strider deathstalkers
Shepherd
Forsaken

We played overrun again b/c we didn't want to play reinforcements or radials.

He won the roll for first. The angel flew into a hill with all the Absylonia buffs. I still managed to hit it with my trenchers with a decent CRA for 8.
The black 13th killed both his deaths talkers.

He was now under temporal barrier and just killed a few trenchers. The rest of his stuff just repositioned. He feated to heal the angel.

I counter feated and . . .nearly nothing happened. Almost all my models missed or failed to damage with all their attacks. The stormwall killed the angel.

The Scythean managed to mostly wreck stormwall with the retaliation. I was again left with no heavy hitters. I went for an assassination with deadeyed infantry shooting Abby under TB but everything missed again.

The Scythean ate Haley.

So that was sad. Haley1 tends to play that way for me tho.

We played again. I played the same list, but with haley2 helming it.

He played the same list, but with no Scythean, subbing in a second Ravagore and adding a second shepherd. He switched warlock to Lylyth 2.

He moved up, I did some shenanigans to murder his strider again. He decided to go for the big feat blasts and just couldn't catch a break on Haley under deceleration. Lylyth missed first shot, hit second but couldn't boost (was out of fury). Blessed Ravagore missed two shots needing 11s. Non blessed one missed twice needing 13s. One deviated on Haley but no blast through her armor. She was on fire.

Angel missed twice.

Haley put the fire out. Moved behind stormwall. Cast TA on it (it was allocated 4), cast decel. Feated. I took a couple pot shots at Lylyth but didn't really hit her.

Stormwall walked into her. He boosted all three attacks w 3 focus and missed the 10s to smash her. Then he dropped a pod behind her and boosted damage for quite a bit. The trenchers assaulted her (two got range). One hit with his gun needing an 11 and managed to do a few points, leaving Lylyth on 2.

I forced her to activate first and she tried to walk away and the trencher stabbed her to death.

In hindsight tmage should have transferred that free strike. None of his stuff had Los to Haley at this point however, and he was going to lose a lot of action due to Haley's feat. He conceded. (Stormwall drops a pod on Lylyth for massive damage next turn regardless, and he can probably kill a heavy with ease afterward; the black 13th was alive and within deadeye range as well).

So that was a fast one. I kinda liked it.

More from cincinatti trip later that week:

I played the masterrabbi in two games with my prospective lists for a tourney this weekend.

Haley2
Stormwall
Squire
Min trenchers with UA and a grenade porter
Black 13th
Arlan Strangewayes
Journeymans

He played
Mohsar
Megalith
Warpwolf stalker
Gorax
Druids
Min blood trackers with nuala
Gallows grove

The scenario was supply and demand.

The first couple turns we just advanced up. The blood trackers got mirage and the trenchers managed to deadeye two Druids off the table. The black 13th killed 3 blood trackers.

The blood trackers flanked hard around one side (Haley was prey). My opponent nearly scored a point on his turn 2 but didn't contest the objective. I feated and stormwall ate megalith and I scored a point.

His retaliation wound up being an assassination run that didn't pan out. Mohsar got punched by stormwall.

We played another game. This time the scenario was guantlet.

I played nemo1
Sylas
Stormwall
Stormclad
Gorman
Journeyman
Aiyana and holt
Mechanics

He played kaya1
Pureblood
Stalker
Gorax
Wold scrimps
Druids and overseer
Gallows grove

This game was a weird slap fight. My opponent made two mistakes that I capitalized on. First he used zephyr on the wold scrimps to move up and concentrated power shots on my stormclad. Then he remembered concentrated power and zephyr are mutually exclusive.

So I killed all them easy. We wheeled around the center and he ignored my stormwall. Eventually he killed some of my power solos while feating, but Gorman lived (he always does) and the stalker wasn't in a cloud.

So I killed the stalker. The game was mine to lose at that point. My opponent tried to kill Nemo while I scored two control points but failed.

Lots of good prep. Tournament report to follow.

-Merlin out


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment