Banner

Banner

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tourney Report

Tournaments are fun. I managed to come in 3rd at a tourney in Saginaw not too long ago. It was a 35 pt set up.

PNemo
Stormwall
Sylas
Defender
Aiyana and holt
Mechaniks
Journeyman
Gorman

And
Haley2
Stormwall
Squire
Trenchers min and UA
Stormsmith
Black 13th
Journeyman

In game 1 I played the radial Scenario Diversion against Kromac
Ghetorix
Pure blood
Gorax
And two units of Tharn Ravagers,
One had the UA
And a whitemane

That's a lot of beef.

I managed a win in this game but the terrain was awful. There was a huge river in the middle of the board an all the bridges were considered elevation. I basically won on scenario with about 2 minutes left in the round. My opponent ignored stormwall until I killed a heavy. That was game.

I lost in round two.

My Nemo against hayley2 in the flank scenario bunkers.

My reinforcements were epic eiryss and a charger.

Hayley2
Squire
Centurion bonded
Thorn
ATGM and UA
Marshalling a hunter
Arlan
Journeyman
Gun Mage captain

Reinforcements were a hunter and a stormsmith.

Terrain was again awful. My opponents scoring zone was in a forest about 12 x 12", with some cutouts so that it was blob-shaped. I felt I had to park stormwall there to not lose by scenario. So I did.

My opponent's hunters (one in reinforcements) kept rolling 15s and 17s on their armor piercing shots. So stormwall took some damage. I managed to mail them both to oblivion and won that flank but the round was a grind. In the end I killed a centurion when I should have killed Haley. Haley managed an assassination to win.

I then won the next two rounds with Haley going first, advancing aggressively, then feating over my opponents army to either win by scenario in round 3 or force the scenario on my opponent and thereby assassinate (round 4).

So hayley is nuts. I might play her in January at a tier tourney, but I will probably take a step back from her. She's a little too good.

-Merlin out



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment