Banner

Banner

Friday, August 17, 2012

Challenge Match: Colossal

Charlie had to own a colossal, so he picked up a Conquest and painted it up sweet. He challenged my Stormwall to a Cygnar/Khador giant-robot grudge match. It was on like the Donkey Kong.

I decided to play Nemo3, because Charlie loves him some winterguard and assassins, and Nemo3 can kill both those units himself with a little support.

The scenario was Overrun. Get a model into the big rectangle and keep it there. And kill all the enemy stuff in the rectangle.

I played
Midlife Crisis Nemo and New Stepmom
Stormwall
Thorn
Min Boomhowler with Murdoch
Rangers
Reinholdt the Reloader
Broke 13th
Epic Elf
Kung Lao, Rogue Alchemist

Charlie played
Vlad1
Conquest
Spriggan
Assassins max w UA
Winterguard max w UA and Greg
Manhunter
Piper of Ord

Charlie won the roll, wanted to go first, and I took the side with the hill to stand on. We ran at each other turn one, though I did kill a few WG with lightning gun shots. I put Failsafe on Stormwall.



Charlie moved up and killed 3 rangers but I'd left everything else out of engagement range. The assassins ran at my trolls but did not engage any of them.



I retaliated with lots of lightning. Thorn killed two assassins. Gorman killed two with an acid bomb. With chain lightning and two shots from nemo's gun at Thorn and a lightning pod I killed 6 assassins and 5 winterguard. Charlie didn't make a lot of tough rolls. The b13 killed the remaining assassins aside from the underboss, who made her tough check.



Stormwall didn't do much, but put a few points into the Spriggan. My coup de grace was running epic elf 14" to just stand near the Spriggan and Conquest. So no focus for them.



Charlie had lost most of his infantry at this point.
His jacks were denied focus. Vlad moved up, cast signs and portents, and feated. The Spriggan mauled Thorn, but left cortex and spear. The conquest moved toward Boomhowler and fired a buch of aoes, but he realized after moving that he needed to kill Gorman super bad. So he fired all guns at Kung Lao, needing a 16 to hit him on the hill. He of course missed a bunch but got good deviations and with s&p the blast damage finally killed that annoying bugger.

Spriggan and Thorn had an epic joust this game.



The mechanics charged Eiryss and failed.

I was way up on attrition and with Eiryss still around to keep Conquest non-awesome I killed the Spriggan with Thorn and Stormwall (with ease; Thorn's two boosted damage rolls were both 16s). Boomhowler howled rage at Conquest to make it innaccurate to boot. The b13 killed all the mechanics and lightning killed the underboss again, who was again tough.

Vlad charged the Stormwall with Blood of Kings but barely scratched the paint. He camped a bunch.



I went for an assassination run using a boosted storm pod (0 damage), a double boosted stormwall fist (9 damage, leaving Vlad on 6), and lots of 4d6 electroleaps. However, I didn't get the kill. Vlad lived to try a razor wind hail Mary on Nemo but failed. Stormwall finished him with a boosted lightning pod.



It was a pretty epic match. I feel like I metagamed Charlie a bit with Boomhowler, though Gorman and Eiryss are in a lot of my lists anyways. I also knew that Nemo eats high-def Khador infantry like a champ so bringing the old man was a good idea.



Stormwall is pretty sweet.

-Merlin out



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Mi hizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment