Banner

Banner

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Diecon was all right

I played a whole bunch of warmachine last weekend.

Tournament 1: 35 pts steamroller.

My lists were

Constance Blaize
Gallant
Squire
Full Precusor Knights with UA
Gun mages and UA
Gorman di Wulfe
Harlan Versh
Journeyman Warcaster
Archduke Runewood
2x Stormcallers

And
Triptych Nemo and Caitie
Stormwall
Storm Strider
Reinholdt
Full Stormguard

Game 1:

Vs pkreoss. Lost on the top of 2 to a good reckoner shot and two redeemer rockets; I stayed out of the feat but Nemo was still in line of sight to the reckoner and only camping 2.

Game LVP: Me for poor positioning. My huge based models could have screened better with ease.

Game 2 vs pLylyth:

I played so poorly in round one I got paired against a kid. He played well. I managed to out-attrition him and won on dice-down with a lot of models in the center zone.

Game MVP: Constance herself, who killed a ton of models.

Game 3 vs Reznik:

My opponent had a good list, but was distracted by my gun mages long enough for me to kill his temple flame guard and take a zone for a control point. My opponent then conceded the game by scenario conditions.

Game MVP: Gorman di Wulfe, who blinded heavies.

Game 4 vs eSorscha:

My opponent gave away too much board in an attempt to stop electroleaps, but the Stormwall lightning pods are perfection conduction points. He played well but couldn't kill the stormwall before I tabled his army. Then I killed Sorcha.

Game MVP; Storm Strider, who hit jacks for big damage and mugged the guys nearby as well.

Game 5 vs pIrusk: this was a tough game. I played "kill everything that can hurt a stormwall" for several turns. It went well. Eventually my opponent's started taking touch assassination runs at Nemo, and he got the old man before Nemo could get him. I was winning on points but lost to assassination.

Overall 3-2, not bad for my first SR at 35 points.

More later. Merlin out.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment