Banner

Banner

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ride the Lightning

I played a game with triple Nemo v the legion of doom this week. I worry about Nemo whenever my enemy has a decent gun (read: boostable).

However, things went pretty well for much of the game.

I played Nemo and new Stepmom
Stormclad
Storm Strider
Full Ponies
Full Stormguard
Epic Elf
Gorman di Wulfe, Kung Lao impersonator
Black 13th
Jr
Goblin

Brandon played
Rhyas
Angel
Scythean
Seraph
Bolt Thrower
Nephilim Soldier
Forsaken
Shepherd
Full Heck hunters with Bayal
Black frost shard

We played the scenario Guidons, which seems winnable but which Brandon and I always ignore.



I lost the roll and he went first. He ran stuff forward. I ran my ponies up and arced lightning off of the front one into his Heck Hunters, getting good bounces and killing 10.

He retaliated by sending in the Scythean to kill 3 ponies and jamming everything else forward. He didn't get much from Rhyas' feat.



I counter feat with Nemo and obliterated most of his force, leaving like 8 models on the table and leaving Rhyas at 2 health with no transfers (my Stormcaller missed his storm call to seal the deal and Nemo missed a boosted gun shot at the angel to fish for bounces at Rhyas as well).

Then Rhyas manages to kill everything between Nemo and the Scythean with Bayal alone. The bolt thrower crit-kds the old man and the Scythean gets it done.

I probably shouldn't have gone for assassination, or perhaps should have done it differently. Ah well. Good game by Brandon and well done closing it out.

-Merlin out


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment