Banner

Banner

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Warmachine League posited

My Dungeons and Dragons group has gotten tired of D&D, and two of them already play Warmahordes. So we decided to play a house league of sorts, asking one other person to join. I'll go into the details in another post (after we begin the league and I know all of them), but I'm excited to be playing some more WMH.

I played two games against Charlie, our DM, as a refresher. I played Constance Blaize in both. The first was in mercenaries and the second was Cygnar. Charlie played Trolls in the first and Khador the second.

First game was the supply and demand scenario, where each of us needs to defend a fuel cache while trying to destroy the opponent's.

Constance
Gallant
Full Nyss Hunters
Harlan Versh

Vs

Grim Angus
Earthborn Dire Troll
Impaler
Full burrowers

Charlie Lost the roll and I got to go first. My Nyss ran halfway across the board to threaten his objective the next turn with charges. Harlan hid behind a building (Grim can see through his stealth). Constance and Gallant moved up. She put Banishing ward on the Nyss and Transference on herself.

Charlie burrowed his burrowers, had Grim kill a Nyss, and positioned his beasts to counterpunch the Nyss.

The Nyss charged up under Crusader's Call and mauled the objective, but left it on 3 boxes. I had no other attacks to get to it. Gallant moved to protect Blaize and Harlan did an extreme flanking maneuver, running around the building to threaten Grim's backfield.

I wasn't sure how Charlie would deal with my shenanigans. He decided to use his burrowers to kill Harlan. They did so easily. He managed to kill two Nyss with the Earthborn and Grim, but they were outside Blaize's feat range so no souls. The Impaler missed his targets.

I had the Nyss charge again (at angles or at other targets to allow new Nyss to get the charge boost) and they crushed the fuel cache. Then I backed up Blaize to my objective to control it, and the onus was on Grim to kill Blaize or lose the game by scenario.

He didn't have a lot of options, and wound up losing by scenario. Constance was sitting at armor 22 and had a shield guard nearby to soak up a shot from Grim.

Game two was a radial scenario, command and control. Players must control a circle in the center of the board and have their warcaster contest one of four flags in the four cardinal points of the board.

I played
Constance
Gallant
Harlan
Journeyman warcaster
Min precursor Knights with UA

Charlie had
Sorcha1
Juggernaut
Greylords ternien
Full Kayazy assassins

I think he was a point short.

I went first again. Put banishing ward on gallant and transference on Blaize. Everything moved forward.

Charlie didn't do anything special aside from running the assassins in a flanking action. Sorcha parked herself near a flag in case I gave him a chance to score. The greylords put up some clouds.

I moved the PKs in shield wall around a bit but didn't try to charge in. Gallant charged into the Juggernaut but did minimal damage. Constance feated.

Charlie froze Gallant with his feat and kept the PKs locked down while the assassins continued around the back arc of Constance, running into striking position. The juggernaut scrapped the frozen Gallant.

I needed to kill a bunch of assassins without my PKs. Harlan moved within 5" of them to avoid stealth and managed to kill two with his quad iron needing 6s to hit. Constance moved back and cast flashing blade twice and killed 4. She then cast sunburst to kill another. The journeyman cast arcane shield on Blaize to protect her and charged in killing yet another Kayazy.

Charles was down to sorcha (the PKs had killed the greylords), the juggie, and two assassins.

He went for the assassination. He was about 50/50 on his chances of success, and the dice tilted in my favor by one wound. The PK battle chaplain killed sorcha before Blaize even joined the fight.

More from Monday. Peace out.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment