Banner

Banner

Friday, December 2, 2011

Saturday Warmahordes Games

I went to the Gamer's Sanctuary in Flint last Saturday for a tournament that did not take place due to low attendance. I was still able to get in four games of Warmachine, two against a fellow I did not know, and two against the nemesis Ray.

John played Trolls and had only Grim Angus with him. He played Grim twice against my Constance Blaize list. The lists were something like:

Blaize
Gallant
Sylas
10 PKs + UA
10 Nyss Hunters
Epic Eiryss
Harlan Versh
Gorman Di Wulfe
Rupert Songman
Reinholdt

Grim
Dire Troll Mauler
Troll Impaler
Troll Axer
Troll Champ Hero
3 Long Riders
6 Bushwackers
Fell Caller
Some pig artillery thing, the razorback crew?

We played scenarios. In the first game, we ran at each other, I feated and left Blaize at zero focus trying to mug the Axer with Nyss, and then John managed to kill Blaize with an Impaler under Rage and a Long Rider charge.

The second game was more interesting. We played the Revelation scenario, which has two flags, and both must be scored upon to win. We both advanced again, and again we clashed, but this time Gorman dropped Black Oil on the Long Riders and Blaize camped enough to be relatively safe from the Impaler. We chewed through each other's forces, and when the dust had settled it was 5 PKs, Gallant, and Blaize against Grim, 2 Bushwackers, the Axer, and the Mauler. However, I'd started off the scoring on flag #1, and Blaize was sitting on flag #2. John planned to camp his mauler on Flag #1 and thereby keep the score constantly tied while we jockeyed for position (Grim was Locking down Gallant), but I realized after a turn of this that each player can only score 2 points per flag. So I wound up winning by scenario.

Ray stepped in while John got Taco Bell and showed me the fury of Cryx.

I played

MacBain
Sylas
Gallant
Nomad
10 PKs + UA
Bloody Bradigan
Gorman di Wulfe
Epic Elf
Aiyana and Holt
Ogrun Bokur attached to PK officer

He played prime Skarre with a pile of mcThralls, full Soulhunters with Darragh Wrathe, a Slayer, and some other junk in the backfield.

We ran at each other, but I didn't feat the turn of engagement, and the PKs failed a terror test against Gerlak Slaughterborn (with the reroll; two 10s). So they were out. I managed to put some fear of God into Skarre by putting a Nomad into her backfield, but she just feated and the Soulhunters charged through my shit with Incorporeal and that was game.

Ray and I played again, and he played Venethrax with a pile of Bloodgorgers. This game was awesome.

I played something like

Ashlynn
Gallant
Sylas
ATGM + UA
Mule
6 PKS + UA
Harlan Versh
Gorman di Wulfe
Taryn di Rovissi
Reinholdt

We both ran first turn, but Venethrax also feated. I feated in response and promptly killed most of the bloodgorgers. He jammed up my lines in response, and things got ugly. Venethrax pushed forward on one flank, and the ATGMs met him and managed to not die, by having the Mule occasionally crit-toss him in an AOE backwards. Gerlak and most of the support staff got pimped by PKs on a weird flanking mission. The backfield got murdered by Taryn di Rovissi, who managed to kill a lot of stuff this game, including the Withershadow reroller.

The game came down to Ashlynn (with goblin and seeker), Gallant, the Dude, Taryn, and some PKs against Venethrax, darraghe wrathe unhorsed, and Malice (who was mugged). It was my game to lose at that point, because Admonition was keeping Venethrax away from Ashlynn while Gallant whittled away at him. But I decided to charge Ashlynn into Malice, doing some damage, but giving myself little means of escape from Venethrax, who was too far away to retaliate except for Wrathe's death ride. Which is ridiculous.

So I learned something there. That game needed to end tho, and I still feel it was my game to lose.

Overall some sweet stuff. I didn't take a pic of the games, but I've got something around here. . .
Ashlynn is pretty awesome

-Merlin out

No comments:

Post a Comment